Training dates are available for staff with line-management responsibilities to increase confidence in and awareness of supporting Disabled and Neurodivergent staff through reasonable adjustments
In response to the recently publishedŐżnew hybrid working guidance, training is available to staff who have line-management responsibilities for Disabled and Neurdodivergent staff. It is designed to raise awareness, and advise on the implementation, of reasonable adjustments.
The training will be delivered by Dr Lizzy Allman (EDI Manager and Disability Equity Lead), and will cover the following areas:
- The Social Model of Disability and the importance of reasonable adjustments
- The law and the legal requirements for reasonable adjustments
- How to provide appropriate support for Disabled and Neurodivergent staff
- Support available at ¬“¬◊–„ for line managers and Disabled and Neurodivergent staff
The sessions will last 2 hours with a short break midway, andŐżwill be run via Microsoft Teams.
Sessions for 2023-24 are:
- Thursday 16th November 2:00-4:00 (no spaces remaining)
- Wednesday 29th November 10:30-12:30 (no spaces remaining)
- Wednesday 13th December 2:00-4:00 (no spaces remaining)
- Thursday 11th January 10:30-12:30 (no spaces remaining)
- Monday 29th January 2:00-4:00Őż(no spaces remaining)
- Thursday 15th February 10:30-12:30 (no spaces remaining)
- Tuesday 5th March 2:00-4:00 (no spaces remaining)
- Wednesday 20th March 10:30-12:30
- Thursday 25th April 2:00-4:00
- Monday 13th May 10:30-12:30
- Wednesday 29th May 2:00-4:00
- Monday 10th June 2:00-4:00
Registration and further information
If you are interested,Őż
Please note that places are limited to 30 per session. We expect sessions to be oversubscribed, so please do not register unless you are confident of being able to honour your booking. Anyone registering after capacity has been reached, will be placed on a waiting list.
If you later find that you are unable to attend a session that you have booked, please let us know immediately via email (RAfirstname.lastname@example.org)Őżso we can allocate your place to someone else.
Further details and a link to the respective Teams meeting links will be sent out ahead of your session. In the meantime, if you would like to promote or encourage your team members to join the Disabled and Neurodivergent staff networks, please find a link to the informationŐżhere.Őż